RemoteMonkey is a full featured remote control for MediaMonkey.
You can control the following functions of MediaMonkey with your android phone:
- Display artist, album and title
- Display and control the position in the current title via jog dial.
- Volume, previous track, next track, play, pause, repeat, shuffle, mute.
- View album covers.
- Display and edit the rating of songs.
- Browse your music database by artist or album.
- Display and edit the play list.
- Search your database by artist, album or title.
- Use playlists you defined in MediaMonkey.
- Download and synchronize songs to your device via WLAN.
MediaMonkey does not have an api for remote control, so you have to run RemoteMonkeyServer on your PC. It communicates with your android device and sends commands to MediaMonkey. RemoteMonkeyServer kann be downloaded free of charge in the download area.
MediaMonkey is a popular software from Ventis Media for organizing and playing music (mp3). You can get a free version or buy a version with some additional features. Visit the MediaMonkey homepage for more information.